|The Glessner House (Chicago) tree, from The Rocks.|
The most important part of decorating a Christmas tree is letting your own personality and holiday traditions shine through. In a tree-trimming rut? Well, here are some ideas from The Rocks Estate to spice things up a bit:
* String a wide ribbon with festive colors through your tree’s branches as a garland.
* If you normally use small, white tree lights, switch things up with colored bulbs. Christmas lights are even available in efficient LED varieties now, so check out your options and see what you like.
Family tree in Franconia, NH
* Get creative and craft some new ornaments. Tissue paper flowers held by pipe cleaners are easy to make and add a pop of color to the tree.
* Bring a bit of nature inside by hanging pinecones or dried flowers on your tree.
* Spice it up with sticks of cinnamon wrapped with ribbon. Or hang candy canes from the boughs.
Of course, if you’re a traditionalist, you may cherish pulling out those old ornaments collected over a lifetime each holiday season. Some families purchase a new ornament each year to add to the collection.
If you’re looking for inspiration, or would like a special ornament to add to your tree trimming repertoire, be sure to stop by the Rocks Marketplace and our Farm Store when you visit The Rocks this season. Our shops are brimming with ornaments and other fantastic holiday decorations – plus plenty of good holiday cheer!
Happy holidays… we hope to see you soon at The Rocks!